Breast Cancer Xenograft Models Available
Breast cancer xenograft models
Several PDTX breast tumor models are available representing the following tumor types:
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor positive (ER+/PR+)
- Estrogen receptor positive (ER+)
- ERBB2/HER2 positive (ER-/PR-/HER2+)
- Triple Negative Breast Cancers (TNBC. ER-/PR-/HER2-)
- BRCA1 mutation
Request breast cancer xenograft study quotation from Altogen Labs CRO.
TNBCs are negative for estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and HER2 overexpression.
The TNBC tumor type is observed in 10-17% of all breast carcinomas, however, it is responsible for a relatively large proportion of deaths. Patients diagnosed with TNBC have an increased likelihood of distant recurrence, partial response to chemotherapy and poor overall survival.
Treatment options are limited for patients with TNBCs making testing of novel therapeutic strategies a high priority.
There are nine TNBC models available for this critical area of research.
- PDTX models of TNBCs have been used in a number of studies to identify novel therapeutic strategies.
- The mTOR inhibitor rapamycin was shown to be an effective tumor growth inhibitor of PDTX tumors from patients diagnosed with TNBC.Patient-derived xenografts of triple-negative breast cancer reproduce molecular features of patient tumors and respond to mTOR inhibition.
- Inhibition of cell cycle progression by targeted inhibition of Aurora kinases inhibited tumor growth in 7 of 11 PDTX tumors from TNBC patients.Inhibiting Aurora Kinases Reduces Tumor Growth and Suppresses Tumor Recurrence after Chemotherapy in Patient-Derived Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Xenografts.
- In TNBC patient-derived tumor xenografts, dual PI3K and PARP inhibition with BKM120 and olaparib, reduced tumor growth.PI3K Inhibition Impairs BRCA1/2 Expression and Sensitizes BRCA-Proficient Triple-Negative Breast Cancer to PARP Inhibition
Request formal xenograft breast cancer project quotation from Altogen Labs CRO.